Hello to all my fellow Remote Spouses!
I’ve had great feedback over the last few days and it’s given me quite a few ideas for the future. One of the ideas that has come to mind is to have a collection of remote or virtual job descriptions by those that currently work in them. The inside knowledge and added insight will be beneficial to spouses during their decision-making process.
It’s not always easy to do the research and weed out the scams so by creating a “job bank” so to speak, I can help take some of the stress out of it. You’ll have real insight from real spouses that personally do the job.
If you are a spouse that wants to add your current position as a potential opportunity to others, please see the following questionnaire (RSP Job Questionnaire) and submit it to me via email at TheRemoteSpouseProject@gmail.com or through messenger on The Remote Spouse Project Facebook page.
Virtual Job Questionnaire (also linked above)
- What is your job title?
- What is the company that you work for?
- Do you have any contact information such as a link to their employment website?
- Is this position 100% remote and portable? Doable from overseas?
- Can you describe the hiring process?
- What is the schedule and work load like?
- What skills are needed to do your job?
- Is there a specific background or education needed for this job?
- What environment (physical and technical) should an employee have available to them to work from home?
- What is the compensation for those just starting and is there a possibility for raises or advancement?
- What are the basic duties of your position?
- What do you see as the positives to your position?
- What do you see as the negatives to your position?
- Would you like credit on the blog post or would you like to stay anonymous?
Thank you for your help and for your time. I hope the information you have provided will help another spouse looking for employment.